Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home



Constance: "Good morning Sweet Pea. Look who's home."


Constance: "Come here Little Bit."


Constance: " I believe someone is ready to see her father."






Adémar: "My Bonnie Bea. Look how you've grown."




Constance: "I need to go see to Eva, Adémar. She'll be so excited to see you."



Adémar: "You've grown so much my Bonnie Bea. I'm almost afraid to see how much Eva and Aleta have changed since I've been away."



A little while later that morning, Adémar found Constance and Eva. There were lots of hugs and giggles. Adémar sets off to see Aleta.


Aleta is feeling a little low today. In fact, she hasn't been feeling very well for most of the time Adémar has been away. She knows that she cannot worry every time Adémar leaves, but she can't seem to stop her downward spiral. She sits quietly in her room sharing her worries with Schepp and Carmela, her puppies. She finds it easier to pray to God when they are near her and can offer her comfort. She hears a soft knock on her door.



Aleta: "Enter. I'm awake and dressed."



Aleta:"Adémar! You're home! You're home!"



Adémar: "Aye my sweet lass. I'm home."



Aleta:"Please don't go away again. I don't think I can take it."



Adémar: "Aleta. Come here. Are you alright?"
Aleta:"No...yes...no."



Aleta:" I just don't want to lose you."
Adémar: "Shhhh...I'm here. I'm here. God willing...I will always return to my family...to you."


Adémar: "Together we will heal.  Together we will learn to trust again and live. We must put our hope in the Lord, Aleta. He alone will carry us through. He is showing me the plans He has for our family each and every new day. We just need to have the courage to see those plans."



Aleta: "I'll try Adémar. I promise. I'll try."
Adémar: "It's good to be home my sweet lass. We have so much to be thankful for this day."

No comments: