Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Lazy Day

Belén and I have found a little cottage in the Adirondacks of New York. We've spent a couple of days cleaning and moving her things in. I decided to leave her alone to get her room settled. I had work to do on the fireplace.
(A few hours later...)

(knock on her door) "¿Belén?"
"Sí, entre"



"Well, I like what you've done to the room. It looks really cozy in here."
"Gracias, Leonor. La cama es pequeña, pero muy comoda."
"Yeah, a twin size bed is all we have right now. I'm looking for something a bit larger. But, I agree. It does look comfy."
"What were you reading?"

"Una novela romántica. Se llama..eh.."The Inheritance". Me gusta much la historia."
"Oh, that's a good one! I'll let you get back to reading. I just wanted to tell that I was done with the fireplace repairs."


"Que bueno. Vamos a verla ahorita."
"oh, okay. Sure...let's go. I don't have much time. I have to get back to town to ring bells."
"¡Nos vamos!"
(half hour later, we return to Belén's room. It's the only room fit for company!)

"Gracias, Leonor. Me encanta la chimenea. Yo quiero trabajar en la sala atardecer."
"Sounds like a plan. I'll see you this afternoon then."


"Pienso que es un acto muy sincera a "ring bells" a fuera de la tienda."
"I think so too. I really enjoy the people you meet while ringing. It's too bad the children can't do it with me this year. "
"See you later Belén."
"¿Eh, Leonor?"
"Yes?"
"Gracias por toda."
"Hmmm...no te preocupas amiga. Feliz Navidad."

No comments: