I purchased several patterns for Karito Kids since the body measurements are closest to my larger BJDs. I made a pair of UGG style boots, a tank top and a fun slouch sweater. The patterns are easy to follow and I love how much encouragement they give to seamstresses new and old.
In November, my sister-in-law mentioned her desire to create a diorama for her daughter's AG for Christmas. I started surfing around YouTube and discovered another fabulous and crafty mom/daughter/grandma crew known as My Froggy Stuff. Beware...this trio has so much creativity, you may never want to leave them. I made a backpack, several purses and have a very long list of "GOTTA TRY THIS" accessories for my doll family.
December came and went, each day I checked on my new favorite sites and dreamed about what fun crafty things I'd make if I could clone myself.
January began with a reorganization of my patterns for clothing, shoes, wigs, furniture and accessories. This led me to finally finding out a way to make wefts uisng the bags and bags of loose mohair I've created from wig-making. I tried sewing wefts using methods by Antique Lilac and glue methods shared by Scargeear on Deviantart. Now that I have a good lot of wefts, I need to figure out the best way to make a wig cap.
This was easier said...er...typed than done. I tried making a hard wig cap, silicone wig cap and cloth wig caps. They each have their advantages and disadvantages. I love how they all look, but I need to find the best combo for my Etsy shop. Here are a some results from my experiments.